Monday, February 15, 2010

V-Day Dinner

I don't think of myself as a good cook, but I do think of myself as being pretty good at following directions, and last night I followed some directions and came up with a pretty amazing meal.

My almost-wife has become pretty spoiled when I cook for her, so it's becoming ever harder to find things to make that impress her. Luckily, as I was looking though the circular for Harris Teeter I noticed they had lobster tail on sale.

Now, I know that lobster is not very filling, so I noticed they also happened to have some steak on sale as well. I then went and found some recipes for the lobster and for the steak, which included a crab sauce which I thought would go pretty well with the lobster.

I also made some asparagus drenched in butter and some lemon pepper as well as some red potatoes tossed with some olive oil. All in all it was probably the best meal I've ever made.

Of course I made some dessert too, but with all that deliciousness it was hard to save space for it.

Aside from the dessert, it took me about 45 minutes to prepare and cook all the food. It did take some good time management skills to get everything to finish at the same time, and having only one oven didn't exactly alleviate that problem, but other than that, nothing was difficult to make.

So, if you ever need to impress a girl with your culinary skills, I highly recommend making exactly what I did. It certainly wowed my pre-wife! It wowed me, too. I was really amazed at how well everything came out. I kind of wish it was Valentine's Day every day so I could make this meal again.

Sorry, there's no link for the asparagus, I just used a bundle of thick asparagus cut into thirds (discarding the bottom third) with a half stick of butter and some lemon pepper seasoning in a frying pan until it tasted good.
Easy Chocolate Lover's Cheesepie (I know that 'cheesepie' sounds weird, but it's just like a cheesecake, which everybody knows and loves.)

Sorry there's no picture to accompany this post - we inhaled the food before I could get a camera.

No comments: