Tuesday, December 28, 2010

America's Got [Everything]

In this particular case, America's Got Stories.  I'll spare you the buzz words and get down to brass tacks.  This is a contest where you write a short story in a particular theme (in this case, supernatural is the word of the hour) in order to win wonderful prizes.

You write your story: if you win, your story gets published in a compilation book; and if you are the grand prize winner, you get an iPad.

I was actually kind of bummed out when I was asked to be a judge for this contest because I had what I thought to be a unique take on the theme.  In fact, my short was going to be a Sci Fi piece with technology ripped from the headlines in a "what could be" story.

I may still write that story, because it seems interesting in my mind, but I'm really curious to see what other submissions we get.

Everybody's got a story - what's yours?


No comments: