Monday, February 1, 2010

Caps Mania


I've only gotten into hockey fairly recently. From the outside, you'd say that I am an Ovechkin bandwagon jumper. That is not necessarily true - I got into hockey because my almost-wife is a huge hockey fan and her parents have season tickets 5 rows off the ice. So, if you want to get into the nuts and bolts of it, I'm more of a significant other bandwagon jumper.

Anyway, this past weekend I got to see the Caps beat the Tampa Bay Lightning to tie a franchise record for consecutive wins. That was pretty cool. I'm hoping they'll win another 8 in a row to beat the Penguins NHL record of 17 consecutive wins set in 1993. Of course, to do that, we'd have to just about double our win streak. But why not? With the way we've been playing recently it's not going to be easy to beat us.

Of course, I hope the real win streak comes in June.

No comments: