Thursday, January 28, 2010

Allusions, Dad - You Don't Have Time for My Illusions!

Somewhat of an odd reference for the title, but it makes sense in my mind (and is better than the alternative I had, which is a direct quote from the show Arrested Development, involving "tricks" and money).

But to the point, yesterday I alluded to the fact that I am in the process of buying a house. A little after that post I got a call saying that I had been approved for the loan, which is a pretty exciting thing. It's kind of scary that anybody would trust me (and my pre-wife) with over a quarter of a million dollars.

I really want to say that I tricked the bank into giving me the money, as a joke, but I've come to learn that some things you say on the Internet never go away, and can be taken out of context, so instead I'll just say how I'm excited that the bank saw how safe and reliable of an invest my pre-wife, my house, and I am, and that I can't wait to move in (in less than a month!).

Honestly, one of the things I am most excited about is my pinball machine, which has been in storage for about a decade because the lack of an appropriate abode to house it.

Unfortunately, it will not be with us during the initial move, since the storage facility in which it is housed is out in BFE, but soon enough it will be mine...

No comments: